RUGBY EUROPE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
DECISIONS ON 2019/2020 COMPETITIONS
Wednesday, April 8th, 2020
After a thorough consultation process with hosts and Unions, Competition Committee Chairman, President and General Secretary, today the following decisions have been made by the Rugby Europe Board of Directors:
- To call off the season of Men’s Senior XV Conference 1, Conference 2, Development and Women’s Trophy divisions. No Champions will be designated. There will be no promotion or relegation this year. The same pools will be kept for the 2020-2021 season.
- To cancel the remaining game of Women’s Senior XV Trophy
- To cancel the Men & Women’s Senior Sevens Conference 1 and 2 tournaments. There will be no promotion nor relegation to and from these divisions this year. The same pools will be kept in place for the 2021 Season.
- To cancel all U18 games and tournaments in XV and Sevens Rugby. No events will take place in 2020. This includes the XV U18 Championship scheduled in Kaliningrad, Russia.
- To cancel the U20 XV European Championship in Coimbra, Portugal. No event will take place in 2020.